We will invite some volunteers from the audience to work as a Mob Programming team on a simple coding exercise facilitated by Woody Zuill. We'll provide instruction on the basics of Mob Programming, and Woody will guide the team both as a "product owner" and as a facilitator to demonstrate some of the basic techniques of teamwork and collaboration.
This is a mini-version of a Mob Programming Workshop due to the time limits of the session, but we'll still be able to cover some important things such as how to work together, how to communicate our intent, how to keep calm when things aren't going well, and how to take baby steps using Test-Driven Development. Learning Outcomes:
- The basics of Mob Programming
- How to introduce Mob Programming to your teams
- How to give each member of the team a chance to contribute
- What it takes to be a decent team member
- The importance of Kindness, Consideration, and Respect